How to find best Glasgow student accommodation advice, Strathclyde students halls guide
How To Find The Best Student Accommodation In Glasgow?
15 September 2022
University is an exciting time! You probably want to make the most of it by living in the heart of a city, surrounded by bars and clubs and other students. But finding the right student accommodation in Glasgow can be tricky, especially if you’re new to Glasgow. Whether you’re looking for flats with shared bathrooms or private rooms with en suite bathrooms, Continue reading for some advice on how to locate accommodation that is both economical and convenient to the campus:
Location Is Important!
You know all those people who insist you should choose a house because it’s cheaper? They’ve got a point. The average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Glasgow is £1,000 per month, and the average rent for a house is £750-£850 per month.
It’s also worth noting that if you’re living in an off-campus accommodation then the chances of skipping utility bills are high as these housing options usually come with utility bills included in the rent.
Secure Accommodation Is Essential
You should always consider safety first. You don’t want to be in an area where there are lots of partakers and drugs, or to live right next door to someone who could potentially be a danger. Look for places that have good safety ratings, such as Secured Accommodation (SAC). This can help you avoid sharing accommodation with drug dealers and other undesirables.
Pick Your Own Bills
For example, if you don’t use the gym and only have a kettle in your kitchen, then why pay for these services? To save money, students should pick their own bills. This means that they can avoid paying for things that they don’t need or want.
Another way to find the best student accommodation in Birmingham is by looking at all of the options available. You may want to consider taking up a contract with a company that offers more than one type of service. For example, some companies offer food deliveries but also provide laundry services and cleaning teams who come into your apartment once per week to clean it from top to bottom – meaning no more messy dishes left on your countertop!
So what does this mean for students? It means that if you don’t use something then there’s no reason why you should be paying for it!
Ask Friends And Read Reviews
- Asking friends and family for advice is a good way to find out about their experiences with different properties. It’s also worth looking at reviews on websites where people share their thoughts on student accommodation in the city.
- If you’re more into social media, Instagram is another good place to look for reviews of specific student accommodations. You can even do this before booking – just search the hashtag #studentaccommodation or #studenthousingglasgow and see what comes up!
- Finally, Twitter can be a useful resource if you want to hear more about certain areas of Glasgow or specific properties. For example, searching “student housing” within 15 miles of Glasgow gives you lots of options but narrows them down by location so that it only shows tweets from people who live in these areas or near them.
Consider The Cost Of Food Shopping
One of the most important things to consider when searching for student accommodation is the cost of food shopping. As a student, you’re not likely to have a lot of money left over after paying your rent and you’ll need to know how much this will cost before moving into your new home. If you’re planning on eating out, then there are several different options available:
- Takeaways – this can be quite cheap but it’s not always healthy or convenient
- Restaurants – these are generally more expensive than takeaways and aren’t always of great quality
- Cafes & coffee shops – offer an easy way to socialize with friends without breaking the bank
Research The Location Carefully
Before you start your search for the best student accommodation in Glasgow, it’s important to research the area carefully. The first thing you need to do is look at crime rates and local amenities. Look at how many bars, restaurants and shops are nearby; how far away from campus are they? Are there any parks nearby that might be worth visiting on a nice day?
Don’t Forget About Transport Links
You will also need to consider the location of the accommodation concerning the university, as well as public transport links. In addition, you should look into how far it is from shops and restaurants and the city centre.
Whether you’re looking for a place to live in Glasgow or elsewhere, location is always going to be important. While it’s tempting to choose accommodation based on price and amenities, these things are necessarily the most important factors when you consider where you will spend your time at university.
Comments on this guide to How to find best Glasgow student accommodation article are welcome.
Key Buildings in Scotland Articles – architectural selection below:
Merchant City boutique hotel
image courtesy of architects practice
Historic Glasgow : best Glasgow architecture of the past
Comments / photos for the How to find best Glasgow student accommodation guide page welcome