Templeton Business Centre, Photo, William Leiper Architect, Redevelopment, News, Conversion

Templeton Carpet Factory, Glasgow

Doge’s Palace Building Strathclyde – design by William Leiper, architect, Scotland

Templeton Carpet Factory Glasgow

Date: 1889

Architect: William Leiper

Address: 62 Templeton Street, Glasgow, G40 1

Templeton Business Centre

Also known as the Doge’s Palace due to the Venetian style this building dates from the end of the 19th century and is designed by architect William Leiper.

doges palace glasgow
Templeton Carpet Factory – west facade © Adrian Welch

It collapsed during construction but was rebuilt and now forms the Templeton Business Centre, redeveloped by Charles Robertson Partnership in 1984.

Space Apartments
Conversion of the former Templeton Carpet Factory on Glasgow Green to apartments by ZM Architecture – more info in Oct 2006

The Templeton Carpet Factory building is located south-east of the city centre, on the edge of the Merchant City near the River Clyde.

Key Buildings close by include Homes for the Future just to the west off Glasgow Green; McLennan Arch by James Adam from his Athenaeum

Adjacent to the east is the Peoples Palace & Winter Gardens




Architecture in Strathclyde

Armadillo Glasgow
Clyde Auditorium
photo © Isabelle Lomholt

Glasgow Walking Tours

Maggies Gartnavel
Maggies Gartnavel
picture from architect




Commonwealth Arena Glasgow
Commonwealth Games Stadium
image from architects

BBC Scotland
BBC Scotland
picture from architect

SECC Glasgow

Fort Shopping Centre

Comments / photos for the Templeton Carpet Factory Architecture page welcome

Templeton Carpet Factory Glasgow Building – page

Website: Glasgow

Website: Glasgow Strathclyde